Creditors can be ruthless. Phone calls day and night, threatening letters, even lawsuits. They want their money, and they don’t seem to understand that it’s not that easy.
At JBCLaw, we understand. Sometimes life happens, and things go out of your control. Call today to set up a FREE consultation to see if protection through the US Bankruptcy Code is right for you.
The decision to file for bankruptcy is often one of the hardest choices that a person may make in their lifetime. If your situation has become so severe that you are in danger of foreclosure, garnished wages or repossessions, or are facing debts that you are in no position to pay, putting off the inevitable can have devastating consequences. Procrastination can cost you your car, your wages, and even your home. Filing your case in a timely fashion can spare you these losses.
- If your lender is threatening foreclosure on your home, declaring bankruptcy may stop this going forward and even create a payment structure that will help you pay off your arrears.
- Bankruptcy may cause your car or other property to be given back to you if they have been repossessed by a creditor.
- Large medical bills combined with a loss of employment, or on their own can create a nearly impossible financial hole to climb out of. Bankruptcy can help you in this situation and possibly reduce or even wipe away your medical bills.
- Bankruptcy can stop harassing creditors from turning up on your doorstep, especially if they are being unfairly pushy or unreasonable or are fraudulently trying to take more than you owe.
- Although your student loans will not disappear, bankruptcy may help you to consolidate those debts and pay them off in a reasonable timeframe.
- Bankruptcy will end wage garnishment, which means you will be able to afford life’s necessities.
You may have more than one of these issues overlapping in your life and bankruptcy may be the best and most logical way to start your financial life over.